MAINSTAGE AUDITIONS - SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS
New to DJT program? Checkout our
Theatre Classes and our Dance Classes!
Sunday, August 31 : 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Monday, September 1 : 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Wednesday, September 3 : 6:00pm – 8:00pm
* Students must be 9 years or older at the time of the audition.
* Open to residents of any city, not just Davenport.
* Students should be ready to provide a conflict schedule for the whole rehearsal period (see schedule below).
* Students must prepare a short monologue, no longer than 60 seconds. Must be memorized, so director can work with students. Please also bring in a written copy of your monologue to turn in.
* Students should NOT write original monologues. Please find another piece of literature (play, novel, monologue, book, nursery rhyme, etc.) from which to perform.
* Remember, you are auditioning for a fun adventure show geared towards young audiences. Avoid bringing in a super dramatic, depressing monologue. Fit your monologue to the show at hand.
* Students should wear comfortable clothes for theatrical warm-ups & games at audition. No skirts, please.
* Students may be required to do a "cold read" from the play. Script cuttings for “cold read” will not be provided in advance.
Come ready to have fun!
* The Cast, Crew, and Ensemble will be announced on Friday, September 5 at 5:00pm on the DJT website in the Mainstage section. Guidance will be given on the website to those who were and who may not have been cast.
* Please note: All students cast in the production will need to pay a $75.00 Mainstage Registration Fee. There is no charge to audition.
Some students may only be interested in joining us for Tech Crew working backstage, on lights, with sound, etc. If you have an interest in only doing tech crew, please still come to the auditions. You will need to complete audition forms and participate and large group warm up and activities. You do NOT need to prepare a monologue if your only interest is Tech Crew. $40 Mainstage Registration Fee if selected for crew.
New on our audition forms will be the option to select “supporting role only.” This means you do not have time for a leading role or the obligation of an extra. We have some great supporting roles in the show. Fun, exciting, and challenging stuff with a more limited time commitment for busy students (still required to be available for tech week).
* Please bring a detailed copy of your schedule to auditions.
* Every effort will be made to accommodate for students' schedules and conflicts.
* At auditions, please be prepared to inform the staff of every schedule conflict you will have during the rehearsal period. It is helpful to make this list in advance before arriving at audition.
Show White Schedule Overview
Saturday, September 9 – Friday, October 17
(Schedule will be compiled after auditions. We try to take into consideration student schedules.)
Wednesday, October 8 – Friday, October 17
(Please no conflicts from this point on. It is vital that students are there throughout tech process and for final rehearsals. Unlike a sport, we cannot have just anyone fill in.)
Saturday, October 18 @ 3pm & 7pm
Sunday, October 19 @ 3pm
Saturday, October 25 @ 3pm & 7pm
Sunday, October 26 @ 3pm
*(We now have 7pm performances on Saturday. No Wednesday shows for Snow White.)
Ensemble Acting Company
Students will also have the chance to audition for our Ensemble Acting Company. We have so many talented students but never enough parts! Tis the world of theatre. The Ensemble is cast amongst those actors who audition for the Mainstage. Ensemble will have the chance to perform at our class showcases and possibly other events around the Quad Cities. Great chance to continue to be challenged as a performer and have the experience of performing your show many times. There is a $75 fee if selected for Ensemble.
Monday, October 6 – Sunday, November 16
(Typically two days a week for two hours per rehearsal. Schedule will be compiled after auditions. We try to take into consideration student schedules.)
Monday, November 17 – Saturday, November 22
(Performs during class showcase week at Junior Theatre. Additional performance opportunities likely.)
Take a look at our past Mainstage productions!